Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And so, the journey begins...

Not THAT Journey... but Frontiers was my SHIT!



So last Friday, the Mrs. And I go grocery shopping. No big deal. We get back home, the mini-est mini-me has fallen asleep, so she takes him in while I get bags from the family truckster. Again, no big deal. The big deal came when my phone rang.

"Unknown Caller".

Normally, I would just send that to Ye Olde Voice Maile, but something said to answer.

Listening ears. Yay!

"This is Missy Soandso, from the home office of The Company That Just Laid You Off A Couple Of Months Ago, in Your Favorite City In The World... You recently applied for a position here, and I'm looking at your resume. Do you have a few minutes to talk?"

"Do I?" - Eddie Murphy as Marcus Graham in Boomerang

So, we chat. She inquires. I answer. I try to be as charming as I can, while holding back tears of shock/joy and stifling a panic attack.

"Young Man, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't have you down here to interview, because you have the experience we are looking for. I will talk to the hiring manager today, and we should be in touch either way by Monday!"

I immediately sent out a group text, requesting prayers from across the country. Then I cried for about 20 minutes. TYM has dreamed about living in this city ever since he went for his 5th (?) wedding anniversary (we're celebrating #14 in 2 weeks, folks...). Now it is potentially a reality? You better believe I cried. Eric Benet.

5:15 pm, SAME DAY, I get the e-mail asking for my availability. Cloud 9, all weekend.

NOW comes the hard part. Waiting for corporate America. I know the buzz is still going (I have so much intel going on at that company, I feel like Jack Bauer. I got a text message every time a move was made on my behalf yesterday), but of course no official call or e-mail yet. Tom Petty was right.

Le sigh.

Like Jodeci said, "I'm Still Waiting..."

-tym

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo!!
You're a good guy.. You deserve to have a dream or two come true from time to time!

We'll be up to visit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home