Wednesday, April 13, 2011

... a few words about mediocrity

this picture is complete bs
i'm back again.

so, yes - I am in transition, but one phrase continues to bounce around in my head:

"mediocrity is not an option".

this is bothering me in such a way that i needed to get clarity on the word. sure i "get" what it means, but here is the official meaning (from dictionary.com):


me·di·o·cre

  [mee-dee-oh-ker]  Show IPA
–adjective
1.
of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad;barely adequate.
2.
rather poor or inferior.


ah. gotcha. so yeah, that shit is a no-no. TYM has entirely too much flavor (hello, 1989) to be mediocre. it would be way easy to be mediocre too: 42, unemployed, unshaven, home all day with children, driving an american-made 4 door car... Y*A*W*N! laytah, man.

I said, laytah man. can you dig it? I knew that you could.

I have had a few Moments in Mediocrity in the past few months, definitely not bragging. but the thing is, whenever I have them, I start out with a twist in my stomach, then nausea, then an overwhelming desire to look in the mirror and say "Come On, Son...". the latest MIM happened just a few minutes ago. My son is taking a nap, and I am at my kitchen table, surfing the internet and spilling a bowl of Ro-Tel with sausage on my laptop/table/pants/floor. and it was like it happened in slow motion, so i could be sure to see just how wack it all was.

ladies and gentlemen, Al Bundy.

anyway, this shit has got to stop. mediocrity is officially not an option.

thank you for your time,

TYM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home